This Week at LC 12/1/17
Drama Club Fall Production
From Lumen Christi Drama: Looking for a great family outing this weekend? The LCCS Drama Department is presenting their fall production of “Peril on the High Seas or… Let’s Get Together and Do Launch”. This is a family friendly melodrama complete with villain and villainess, a damsel in distress, and her hero! The cost is $10.00 for adults; $7.00 for Sr. Citizens and K-12 grade students; and $5.00 for children 4 and under. Curtain times are 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 3 p.m. on Sunday.
March for Life
From Mr. Anderson: Attention parents of students attending the March for Life: The due date for the first $100 of the March for Life payment is December 6th. If you haven’t already paid, please plan to make a check payable to Jackson Right to Life and have your student turn it in to Mr. Anderson by then. More information will be coming about other specifics of the trip.
From the Main Office: Please find the tentative schedule for 7th and 8th grade Quarterly Assessments for Q2 and 9th – 12th grade Semester 1 exams below. Please note that Monday, Dec. 18th and Tuesday, Dec. 19th are full school days for all students; Wed., Dec. 20th – Friday, Dec. 22nd are exam days for 9th – 12th with 10:10 dismissal; Wednesday, Dec. 20th and Thursday, Dec. 21st are full days for 7th and 8th and Friday, Dec. 22nd is a half day for 7th and 8th. Please note that we will confirm the exam schedule for 8th grade students taking 9th grade classes next week. Please continue to look for more information about events and exams in the next few weeks.
Exam Days for High School:
19: P 1
20: P 2, 3 (10:10 release)
21: P 4, 7 (10:10 release)
22: P 8, 9 (10:10 release)
Tentative MS Regular Schedule with QAs
18: Social Studies and Religion
19: English and Reading
20: Math and Science
Support Carnegie Hall Trip
From the Choir: DATE NIGHT! Go out for dinner, a movie, and maybe some Christmas shopping while we watch your kids!
All proceeds go towards NYC Carnegie Hall Trip for the LC Vocal Program.
- $25 per kid for four hours, 6-10 pm on Fridays December 8th and 22nd, or Sunday December 17th from 2-6 pm.
- Pickup and drop off happens in the back lot. There will be a check-in and check-out in the cafetorium.
- Included, pizza, water, and choice of caffeine free beverage or lemonade.
- Movies, board games, music and dancing activities.
- Gift wrapping available in the library, cost will be free-will donation.
From Sarah Wilhelm, Trainer: With a new sports season, just a friendly reminder that when your student athlete goes to the doctor due to an injury, I will need a doctor’s note following the visit with recommendations and ultimately when they are cleared to return to activity. A good rule of thumb to remember is that I’m all for having more information than not enough. This way I can care for your student in the best way possible.
St. John Craft Fair
From St. John’s Elementary School: Please see the attached fliers for information on St. John’s upcoming Craft Fair! The Craft Fair will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 2, and benefits our Jackson Area Catholic Schools!
From Mr. Havlicek: Students and Parents grades 7-11: We will be partnering once again with Sylvan Learning Center to provide an opportunity for your student to receive practice taking the ACT. The opportunity will be held at Lumen Christi on January 20th, 2018. The cost will be $30 and it will run from 8am-1pm that day. Mark your calendars now so we can help all our students prepare. Attached you will find a form to be used for the registration.
From Mr. Havlicek: Parents of Juniors: Right before Christmas Break, all Juniors will be receiving the JUNIOR PLANNING PACKET for COLLEGE in their myjacs.org email account. This important piece of information to help them begin the College Planning Process will be used during their initial college meeting with Mr. H, held between January and the end of March (Spring Break). It is very important that students and parents are able to look through and work through the packet together BEFORE the meeting so they can be best helped for identifying a direction for college. Email Mr. Havlicek (email@example.com) with any questions.
From Mrs. Kristovic: Please use this form to let us know if there is something you would like more information about or a Terrific Titan you would like to shout out!
Next Week in Sports
Saturday – December 2
Gymnastics at Holt invite – Time TBD
Hockey at Milford (Heartland Arena) 6:30 PM
Sunday – December 3
Hockey hosts South Bend St.Joseph – 4:00 PM
Monday – December 4
8th Grade Boys Basketball hosts Marshall at 4: at Dillon Center
7th Grade Boys Basketball at Marshall – 4:30 PM
Tuesday – December 5
Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball at Hastings – 6:00/7:30 PM
Wednesday – December 6
8th Grade Boys Basketball hosts Hastings – 4:30 PM at Dillon Center
7th Grade Boys Basketball at Hastings – 4:30 PM
Wrestling at Hillsdale Quad – 6:00 PM
Competitive Cheer at Leslie Invite – 6:00 PM
Thursday – December 7
Girls JV Basketball at Hastings – 7:00 PM
9th grade and JV Boys Basketball host Hastings 5:30/7:00 PM
Friday – December 8
Hockey at Mt. Pleasant Tournament – 7:00 PM
Gymnastics at Livingston County Invite – Time TBD
Saturday – December 9
Wrestling at JAWS at Parkside at 8:00 AM
Hockey at Mt. Pleasant – TBD
Competitive Cheer at CCCAM Invite at Northwest High – 9:00 AM
- From Mrs. Flynn: To the Boatin Family: Thank you for stocking room 121 with so many amazing supplies! It is so greatly appreciated by our classroom! Thank you for your generosity!
- From Mrs. Gilson: Shout out to the cast and crew of “Peril on the High Sea”. Dress rehearsal was spectacular.
- From Mrs. Garred: Thank you to the Lumen Christi SADD Club, who arranged for Sheriff Steve Randto speak to our high school students today. He offered great reminders about the risks involved with drinking and driving. He also shared with our students, the impact the opioid epidemic has haon our very own community. We would encourage you to take some time, this weekend, to ask your student about the presentation, and continue the conversation about the risks of substance use.
- From Mrs. Leathead and Mrs. Lefere: A HUGE thank you to all of the PARENTS, FACULTY and STAFF for making ThanksLiving such a wonderful day for so many people! You make our hearts swell with pride in our Lumen Family!!!!
- From Mrs. Lefere: Thanks Connor Murphy for helping the student pick up his stuff. That was very thoughtful!!! Way to go Connor!!!!!!
- From Mrs. Leathead: Shout out to Chris Spencer and Kyler LaDuke for the terrific job they did on the Thanksliving slide show.