This Week at LC 5.6.19
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 21 – 8th Grade May Crowning @ 9:30 a.m. Mass
Wednesday, May 22 – Baccalaureate
Thursday, May 23 – Graduation
Friday, May 24 – 1/2 day, Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 27 – No School, Memorial Day
From Mrs. Fleming:
AP Testing begins on Monday, May 6th. Students have been preparing for these exams in their AP classes. Colleges may award course credits based on the exam results. Students should report to morning exams at 7:50. Afternoon exams start at 12:00. Please note the upcoming exam subjects and dates…
May 6, US Government and Politics -morning
May 7, Spanish Language and Culture -morning
May 8, English Literature and Composition -morning
May 8,, French Language and Culture -afternoon
May 9, Chemistry- morning
May 9, German Language and Culture -afternoon
May 9, Psychology -afternoon
May 14, Calculus AB -morning
May 15, English Language and Composition -morning
From Mr. Marcero: Congrats to our musical ensembles that participated in State events this last week. The MS Band earned a Division II rating and the HS Chorale earned a Division I rating. We are proud of all of our musicians and their hard work! They both qualified for State events by earning a Division I rating at their district events!
From Mrs. Kuhl: Fresh fruit for Monday’s Interfaith Shelter dinner will be appreciated. Donations can be dropped off in Mrs.Kuhl’s room.
From Mr. Olmos: Boys Soccer Parent meeting to be held on Friday, May 17th 7-7:30 p.m. in Profe. Olmos’ RM #143. The coach will be greeting Parents at the main entrance of the school starting at 6:45 p.m. A one time $100 (cash or check) player fee will be collected that evening, to cover the following players’ expenses (socks, summer league, Subway). The upcoming season will be discussed during this meeting.
Boys Soccer is holding a CAR WASH FUNDRAISER Saturday, May 25th 11:00-3:00 p.m. at Walton Insurance Group. Everyone in the Lumen Christi Community is invited!
From Mrs. Miller: LAST CHANCE! This weekend is the last for Jackson Area art show at the Jackson Crossing. The display will be up until Sunday, May 5th. Artwork from students in Jackson are on display throughout the mall. Look for our Lumen Christi display outside of the Secretary of State office (Sears wing) along with artwork from our other Jackson Catholic Schools.
From Mrs. Lefere: PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Jackson Magazine is accepting nominations for Teacher of the Year for next school year (2019-2020). Lumen Christi has MANY dedicated teachers who deserve to be nominated. Please consider nominating a teacher within our building or from any of our Catholic schools! The application process if very easy and you can follow the link below to nominate a teacher!
From the Athletic Department: Lumen Christi will be hosting sports physicals on June 19th from 1-5p. The cost is $5 and all profits will go directly into Lumen Christi’s sports medicine. The form must be completed with all signatures and medical history beforehand. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah, the athletic trainer, or the ADs.
From the Career Center:
Career Center dates:
Last day for Seniors: May 14th
Last day for Juniors: June 5th
From 7th Grade Teachers: The annual Binder Park Zoo trip for 7th grade is coming up on May 22 and we are looking for chaperones. We need at least 11 parents to help out, so inquire with your student for the chaperone signup sheet or email Mr DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for helping out!
From the Junior Class:
- Parents and family members are invited to enjoy the Red Carpet festivities beginning at 8:30 pm next Friday, May 3rd. Parking will be available in front of the school or at the back of the student lot (rows closer to tennis courts) as we will have the back patio lot closed as well as the circle drive approaching the red carpet and will reserve the closer rows for the students’ valet parked cars or pre-prom dropped-off cars.
From the Cafeteria:
Senior Lunch Balances: All Senior student lunch accounts must be paid in full by Friday, May 10, 2019. Senior students who will be purchasing lunch the last couple of full days before exams may pay with a positively funded lunch account (that is, enough to cover the cost of the food they are purchasing) or, in cash. Senior students will not be allowed to go negative after May 10, 2019. The Cafeteria will coordinate with the Business Office regarding any remaining lunch account funds.
Checking Your Student’s Lunch Account Balance: Parents can choose to sign up to monitor their student(s) lunch account balances in the following way: Get on Lumen Christi’s Website. Click on the Student Life tab. Drop down to School Lunch. Scroll down past the photos and menu. There you will find several links of interest. Choose the link that says “Accessing Your Student’s Lunch Account” This will lead you to the sign in page. You will need to know your student’s Lunch ID number. For questions please contact Linda Leigh, Cafeteria Manager: (517)787-0630, ext. 243 or email@example.com.
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Scholarships have been earned, and we want to display them in the graduation booklet! Please submit a scan of the information you have received from the colleges so it can be displayed. Contact Mr. H with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Weeks in Sports:
Monday May 6
- Girls Varsity Tennis Home V. Western, 4:30
- MS Tennis away @ Western, 4:30
- Girls Varsity Soccer home V. Coldwater, 5:00
Tuesday May 7
- Girls Varsity Tennis away @ Portland, 4:30
- MS Tennis home V. Chelsea, 4:00
- Varsity Track away @ Pennfield, 4:30
- Varsity Softball away @ Marshall, 4:00
- JV Baseball Home V. Marshall, 4:00
- Varsity Baseball Away @ Marshall, 4:00
Wednesday May 8
- Girls Varsity Soccer away @ Marshall, 5:30
- Boys Varsity Golf Home @ Cascades Invitational, 3:30
Thursday May 9
- Girls Varsity Tennis away @ St. Catherine, 4:00
- MS Tennis away @ Harper Creek, 4:00
- MS Track away @ Harper Creek, 4:30
Friday May 10
- Boys Varsity Golf Home @ Cascades, 9:30
Saturday May 11
- Boys Varsity Golf away @ Lansing Catholic Invite, 7:30
- Girls Varsity Tennis away @ Chelsea, 8:00
- Varsity Track away @ Hillsdale invitational, 8:00
- Varsity Softball away @ Grass Lake invitational, 8:00
- JV Baseball away @ Homer, 11:00
- Varsity Baseball Home V. Hudson, 11:00
- Girls Varsity Soccer home V. Jackson, 2:00
- From Mrs. Manchester: THANK YOU! To everyone who participated in the Spring Raffle. We raised even more than we did last year and are so proud!!!
- From Mr. Kivel:Congratulations to the Middle School Band on their Excellent Second Division performance at State Band Festival!