This Week at LC 5.17.19
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 21 – 8th Grade May Crowning @ 9:30 a.m. Mass
Wednesday, May 22 – Baccalaureate
Thursday, May 23 – Graduation
Friday, May 24 – 1/2 day, Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 27 – No School, Memorial Day
From the 8th Grade Faculty: On Tuesday, May 21st, we will be honoring Our Blessed Mother during our all-school mass with a May Crowning procession. Our 8th grade students will be taking on the responsibilities for this Mass. We would like to extend an invitation to our 8th grade parents, especially those whose son or daughter is greeting, serving, reading, bearing gifts, or taking part in the May Crowning procession, to come celebrate Mass with us on that morning. Our Mass begins at 9:30 am, and we will have reserved seating for you behind our 8th grade students.
From the Fan Shop: Big news from the FAN SHOP! From today until the end of the school year (June 7) the ENTIRE Fan Shop is 10% off–AND if you are alumni you will receive an additional 10% (includes graduates of 2019).
Stop in anytime during the school day from 10:30am-3pm to browse and redeem your discount!
From the Cafeteria: All student lunch account balances must be paid in full by Tuesday, May 28, 2019. Students may pay with cash or any remaining positive funds from May 29 , 2019 through June 4, 2019.
You can check your student’s lunch balance the following way:
1) Go to Lumen Christi’s Web page.
2) Click on Student Life Tab
3) Drop down to School Lunch
4)Scroll down past photos and menu
3) Click on link that says “Accessing your Student’s Lunch Account”
Please contact Linda Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
From Coach Olmos: Boys Soccer is holding a CAR WASH FUNDRAISER Saturday, May 25th 11:00-3:00 p.m. at Walton Insurance Group. Everyone in the Lumen Christi Community is invited!
From Mrs. Kuhl: Fresh fruit is again being collected for our Tuesday dinner meal at the Interfaith Shelter. The LC Interfaith Shelter Project is the only school to serve twice a month, the only school to serve all year and the only school to bring the food every time we serve. Please consider sending some fruit our way!
Donations can be dropped off in 128.
From the Main Office:
It is such an exciting time of year and schedules become very busy! We want to remind you of our upcoming Honor Assemblies so that you can mark your calendar and celebrate our student success with us. Students will be honored for excellence in academics, athletics, and extra-curriculars, and for showing grit or being the Light of Christ in these same areas.
Our Assemblies will be held in the Field House.
Grades 9 thru 11 — Monday, June 3 at 8:15 a.m.
Grades 7 & 8 –Tuesday, June 4 at 10:30 a.m.
From the Library: All library books must be returned to the library for inventory by Friday, May 24, 2019. No late fees will be charged if the book is returned, if it is not returned you will be charged the replacement cost. Books will be again be available to check out beginning Monday, June 3rd for your summer reading. The library will be open on Wednesdays from 8 am to Noon for Book Tests and checking in/out books. Reminder that each student in grades 9-12 must complete five (5) book tests during the school year before entering the next grade. All students are welcome to work ahead to complete the reading requirement early.
From the 7th and 8th Grade Yearbook Staff:
Parents of 7th and 8th grade track and tennis players – The 7th and 8th grade yearbook
staff is always looking for action photos of the teams. If you take photos at any games
and are willing to share them, we’d love to see them. You can submit your photos
online to our Jostens site. There is no need to use any editing software. You may
submit in JPG, PNG or TFF format.
LOG ON TO : images.jostens.com
Enter the following Login ID: 410533809
- Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload; click on “Select My Images”.
- Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
- Click “Upload Chosen Images.”
Photos can also be submitted on a CD or a USB flash drive to the office and directed to
the 7-8 yearbook.
The yearbook staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We
cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
Spring sports photos can be submitted until May 30.
From Mrs. Lefere: PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Jackson Magazine is accepting nominations for Teacher of the Year for next school year (2019-2020). Lumen Christi has MANY dedicated teachers who deserve to be nominated. Please consider nominating a teacher within our building or from any of our Catholic schools! The application process if very easy and you can follow the link below to nominate a teacher!
From the Athletic Department: Lumen Christi will be hosting sports physicals on June 19th from 1-5p. The cost is $5 and all profits will go directly into Lumen Christi’s sports medicine. The form must be completed with all signatures and medical history beforehand. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah, the athletic trainer, or the ADs.
Next Weeks in Sports:
Monday May 20th
- Boys Varsity Golf away at Arbor Hills Invitational, 9:30
- Girls Varsity Tennis away at Marshal/ Pennfield l, I-8 Conference, 9:00
- Girls Varsity Soccer TBD, I-8 Conference 2nd round, TBD
- Varsity Softball away at Pennfield, 4:00
Tuesday May 21st
- Varsity Softball Home V. Western, 4:00
- Varsity Baseball Home V. Western, 4:00
- JV Baseball away at Western, 4:00
Wednesday May 22nd
- MS Track away at Coldwater, I-8 Conference, TBD
- Varsity Girls Soccer, MHSAA district, away at Jackson Christian, 3:00 pm
Thursday May 23rd
- Varsity Baseball away at Homer, 4:00
- MS Tennis away at Parkside, 4:30
Friday May 24th
No events scheduled on this day
Saturday May 25th
- Varsity Baseball away at EMU V. Quincey, 10:00
- Varsity Baseball away at EMU V. Mattawan, 2:00
- From Sarah Wilhelm: Shout out to Joey Papierskywho helped me with filling coolers and their set up for the busy Wednesday afternoon filled with events.
- From Mr. Best: Shout out to the Improv Troupe members: Sydney Wetzel, Bridget Haynes, Allison Hoop, Angela Donnelly, Joseph Robinson, Siera Bradley, and Michaela Powell for an amazing performance on Saturday! Thank you for a wonderful year and for your creativity of creating and debuting a new Improv game!
- From Mrs. Reed: Shout out to Sierra B, Jordan V., Konnor B., Molly F., Tristan R., and Allie S.for getting a 100 on their Geometry Quiz!
- Have a shout-out to a great Titan? E-mail Principal Stephanie Kristovic at email@example.com by Friday at 9 a.m. to have your message included.