This Week at LC 5.12.19
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 21 – 8th Grade May Crowning @ 9:30 a.m. Mass
Wednesday, May 22 – Baccalaureate
Thursday, May 23 – Graduation
Friday, May 24 – 1/2 day, Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 27 – No School, Memorial Day
From the Main Office:
It is such an exciting time of year and schedules become very busy! We want to remind you of our upcoming Honor Assemblies so that you can mark your calendar and celebrate our student success with us. Students will be honored for excellence in academics, athletics, and extra-curriculars, and for showing grit or being the Light of Christ in these same areas.
Our Assemblies will be held in the Field House.
Grades 9 thru 11 — Monday, June 3 at 8:15 a.m.
Grades 7 & 8 –Tuesday, June 4 at 10:30 a.m.
From the Deans: Thanks to our seniors for planning such fun squad competitions all year-long! Their leadership, passion, and joy has really impacted student culture positively! Squad 2 won this Friday’s competition and will be out of uniform Monday to accommodate the seniors. No sweats, leggings, torn jeans, sandals, bare midriffs or sleeveless tops.
From the Main Office: Seniors this year received an individualized letter for their exam schedule. This includes a reiteration of important dates and activities throughout the week. Please find a general included here.
From the Main Office:
On May 10, sophomores received a packet about Jostens Class Rings. We hope your sophomore has had a chance to share the information about class ring ordering. Class ring orders will be taken during lunch on WEDNESDAY, MAY 15 when Jostens representative Jim Ross will be here to answer questions.
From Mrs. Fleming: AP Testing continues this week. Students have been preparing for these exams in their AP classes. Colleges may award course credits based on the exam results. Students should report to morning exams at 7:50. Please note the upcoming exam subjects and dates…
Students need number 2 pencils, a black or dark blue pen and their calculator for the Calculus exam.
May 14, Calculus AB -morning, Presentation room
May 15, English Language and Composition -morning, room 120
From Mrs. Lienhart: A huge thank you to each and every junior class parent and student that came to help decorate for the prom! Without all the work put in on the Saturday work days plus Thursday and Friday “The Enchanted Forest” would not have been very enchanted. You have set the bar high for the future classes. Also, a big thank you to Gee Farms and Queens for the loan their trees–both donations made a huge difference.
From the Library: All library books must be returned to the library for inventory by Friday, May 24, 2019. No late fees will be charged if the book is returned, if it is not returned you will be charged the replacement cost. Books will be again be available to check out beginning Monday, June 3rd for your summer reading. The library will be open on Wednesdays from 8 am to Noon for Book Tests and checking in/out books. Reminder that each student in grades 9-12 must complete five (5) book tests during the school year before entering the next grade. All students are welcome to work ahead to complete the reading requirement early.
From the 7th and 8th Grade Yearbook Staff:
Parents of 7th and 8th grade track and tennis players – The 7th and 8th grade yearbook
staff is always looking for action photos of the teams. If you take photos at any games
and are willing to share them, we’d love to see them. You can submit your photos
online to our Jostens site. There is no need to use any editing software. You may
submit in JPG, PNG or TFF format.
LOG ON TO : images.jostens.com
Enter the following Login ID: 410533809
- Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload; click on “Select My Images”.
- Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
- Click “Upload Chosen Images.”
Photos can also be submitted on a CD or a USB flash drive to the office and directed to
the 7-8 yearbook.
The yearbook staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We
cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
Spring sports photos can be submitted until May 30.
From Mrs. Kuhl: All students who are interested in the Lumen Christi Interfaith Shelter Project are welcome to join us for a fund raising meeting Thursday 5/16 during 1st lunch.
From Mr. Olmos: Boys Soccer Parent meeting to be held on Friday, May 17th 7-7:30 p.m. in Profe. Olmos’ RM #143. The coach will be greeting Parents at the main entrance of the school starting at 6:45 p.m. A one time $100 (cash or check) player fee will be collected that evening, to cover the following players’ expenses (socks, summer league, Subway). The upcoming season will be discussed during this meeting.
Boys Soccer is holding a CAR WASH FUNDRAISER Saturday, May 25th 11:00-3:00 p.m. at Walton Insurance Group. Everyone in the Lumen Christi Community is invited!
From Mrs. Lefere: PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Jackson Magazine is accepting nominations for Teacher of the Year for next school year (2019-2020). Lumen Christi has MANY dedicated teachers who deserve to be nominated. Please consider nominating a teacher within our building or from any of our Catholic schools! The application process if very easy and you can follow the link below to nominate a teacher!
From the Athletic Department: Lumen Christi will be hosting sports physicals on June 19th from 1-5p. The cost is $5 and all profits will go directly into Lumen Christi’s sports medicine. The form must be completed with all signatures and medical history beforehand. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah, the athletic trainer, or the ADs.
From the Career Center:
Career Center dates:
Last day for Seniors: May 14th
Last day for Juniors: June 5th
From the Cafeteria:
Senior Lunch Balances: All Senior student lunch accounts must be paid in full by Friday, May 10, 2019. Senior students who will be purchasing lunch the last couple of full days before exams may pay with a positively funded lunch account (that is, enough to cover the cost of the food they are purchasing) or, in cash. Senior students will not be allowed to go negative after May 10, 2019. The Cafeteria will coordinate with the Business Office regarding any remaining lunch account funds.
Checking Your Student’s Lunch Account Balance: Parents can choose to sign up to monitor their student(s) lunch account balances in the following way: Get on Lumen Christi’s Website. Click on the Student Life tab. Drop down to School Lunch. Scroll down past the photos and menu. There you will find several links of interest. Choose the link that says “Accessing Your Student’s Lunch Account” This will lead you to the sign in page. You will need to know your student’s Lunch ID number. For questions please contact Linda Leigh, Cafeteria Manager: (517)787-0630, ext. 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Scholarships have been earned, and we want to display them in the graduation booklet! Please submit a scan of the information you have received from the colleges so it can be displayed. Contact Mr. H with any questions: email@example.com
Next Weeks in Sports:
- Varsity Girls Tennis away @ Marshall, 4:30
- MS tennis Home V. Marshall, 4:00
- Varsity Track at Northwest, 4:00
- Varsity Girls Tennis Home V. Jackson High, 4:00
- Varsity Softball home V. Coldwater, 4:00
- Varsity Baseball Home V. Coldwater, 4:00
- JV Baseball away @ Coldwater, 4:00
- MS Track away @ Harper Creek, 4:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer Home V. Western, 5:30
- MS Tennis away @ Coldwater, 4:00
- Varsity Girls Tennis Home V. Coldwater, 4:00
- Varsity Boys Golf, Conference invite. @ Bedford Valley, 9:00
- MS Tennis away @ Hastings, 4:00
- Varsity Tennis Regional away @ Hillsdale High School, TBD
- Varsity Baseball Home V. Tecumseh, 5:00 (Single Game)
- Varsity Boys Golf away at Big Rapids Classic, 1:00
- Varsity Girls Tennis away @ Hillsdale High School, TBD
- Varsity Track Regionals away @ East Jackson, 8:30
- Varsity Boys Golf away at Big Rapids Classic, 9:00
- Varsity Baseball away @ Lansing Catholic, 10:00
- JV Baseball home V. Lansing Catholic, 10:00
- Varsity Girls Soccer game 1 of Conference Tournament, TBD
- From Mrs. Nowinski: Shout-out to all of our students taking AP exams this week and next! You are all awesome!
- From Mr. Ludlow: Shout out to Justin Marcero for all the help and support of our Friday Seminar activities!
- From Mrs. Reed:The Stats students have done an amazing job on painting the stats wall! Thank you!
- From Mrs. Burdick: Twelve amazing students went to Albion College for the Moore Math Competition. It was a great experience and we came out winners! At the end of the day all of our LC teams placed in the top five and one took first place! The first place team included Travis Frederick, Grace Langley, Morgan Manchester, and Caitee Webster. Amazing! Thank you to Cole Alexander, Travis Frederick, Grace Langley, Emma Maki, Morgan Manchester, Sam Martin, John McGilvra, Chloe Pryson, Ethan Semenchuk, Faith Smith, Alex Soltis, and Caitee Webster for being willing to try new things and spend a day representing Titan mathematics.
- From Mrs. Burdick: Thank you to Mrs. Patty Soltis and Mrs. Jennifer Frederick for chaperoning and proctoring teams at the Moore Math Competition. Their help and support of our students allowed us to take part in this challenge.
- From Parent Betsy Saunders: Even though I wasn’t the chair of prom, contrary to popular thought, I would like to thank Eileen Lienhartfor all her hard work and most of all, her dedication to this school. She was the true chair and did a ton of work to make this event happen. I’ve had several compliments on how beautiful everything was and she deserves most of the credit. There were also many others involved, but most especially,Paul Spencer, Kent Melville, and the McCully’s. These families spent most of Thursday and Friday making sure every last tree was delivered and hung. Thank you to all of our junior parents that decorated the trees, hung lights, chaperoned, donated food, set-up and cleaned up at the end until 2am! You all are the best!!
- Have a shout-out to a great Titan? E-mail Principal Stephanie Kristovic at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at 9 a.m. to have your message included.