This Week at LC 4.8.2019
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Monday, April 8 – No School for Students. Staff Professional Development.
Thursday, April 11 – Spring Raffle Kick-Off!
Thursday, April 18 – 1/2 Day – Holy Thursday
Friday, April 19 – No School – Good Friday
Monday, April 22 – No School – Easter Monday, Bishop’s Day Off Gift to Lumen Christi
From Mrs. Kristovic: We are currently looking for a High School and Middle School English teacher and potentially a Physics teacher (due to shifting schedules of existing teachers) for the 2019-2020 school year. Please share the good news with great teachers looking to be a part of an amazing community. The link for the job postings is: https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a78858b5d6380fb015d7b9d61897d3c
From the Deans: This Tuesday, April 9 will be our 3rd quarter Honor Roll Assembly. Students who have received Honor Roll may dress up on this day. 7th and 8th graders will be rewarded with a breakfast and assembly (parents are welcome to attend). 9th-12th graders will receive a breakfast in the library before going to 1st period. Please be mindful of the dress requirements below:
- Dresses or skirts must be no more than 2″ above the knee.
- No bare shoulders
- No bare midriffs or cleavage.
- No jeans.
- Boys must wear a collared shirt.
From MS Teachers: Attention Middle Schoolers, starting this week outside recess will be back when weather permits. Make sure to wear a jacket or sweater to school for outside.
From Mr. Havlicek: Please find important dates for next year’s college preparation attached.
From the Junior Class: We are heading full steam ahead with our prom planning and looking for your help. We will need both parents and students to help fabricate and paint our major decoration pieces on a couple of Saturdays in April. We also will be looking for assistance the night before and the morning of as we assembly and transform our cafetorium into another world. Below is a link to a Sign-up Genius that will give you and your junior the opportunity to join in the fun and make memories that will last a lifetime.. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 787-0630 ext. 256 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4bacac2ba0fa7-lcjuniorReminder as you go shopping over spring break to be sure to follow the Prom Dress Code guidelines. Both students and GUESTS of students are required to follow the dress code and WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PROM IF DRESS DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS. Click on the link to download a copy. You may e-mail Mrs. Kristovic, Mrs. Garred, or Mr. Ludlow a picture of the item in question in advance if you have a question.
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Scholarships have been earned, and we want to display them in the graduation booklet! Please submit a scan of the information you have received from the colleges so it can be displayed. Contact Mr. H with any questions: email@example.com
Next Weeks in Sports:
Congratulations to Cara Fries and Dayton Keller, our student athletes of the month for March!
Below is the athletic Schedule for the week following spring break.
- JV Baseball Home V Greenhills H.S. (5 innings) 4pm
- Varsity Baseball Home V Greenhills H.S., 530pm
- JV Baseball Home V Lenawee Christian (5 innings) 4pm
- Varsity Baseball Home V Lenawee Christian, 530pm
- Womens Varsity Tennis Home (Scrimmage) Holt, TBD
- H.S. Varsity Track Away @ Northwest, 4:30pm
- JV Baseball Home V Pennfield, 4pm
- Varsity Softball Away @ Pennfield 4pm
- Varsity Baseball Away @ Pennfield, 4pm
- M.S. Tennis Away @ Chelsea, 4pm
- Boys Varsity Golf Away @ Coldwater, 9am
- Womens Varsity Tennis Away @ St. Mary’s Catholic Central, 8am
- Boys Varsity Golf Away @ Lansing Catholic Invite, 9am
- Varsity Softball Away @ Napoleon Invite, 10am
- Varsity Baseball Home V Bronson, 11am
- From Mrs. Burdick: Shout out to the 8th grade Student Council for leading the 7-8 students and teachers in the Stations of the Cross before Spring Break. These young men and women modeled reverence and leadership. The service was a beautiful reminder to keep our eyes focused on the Lord during Lent.