This Week at LC 4.29.19
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Tuesday, April 30 – ACT Learning Event for 11th Grade Students and Parents @ 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 2 – Possible Day Off for Raffle Goal of $120,000
Friday, May 3 – Possible Day Off for Raffle Goal of $90,000
Friday, May 3 – Prom for 11th and 12th
From the Titan Club: The Titan Scrap Metal Drive is coming up on Saturday, April 27th and Sunday April 28th. Bring your items to the backside of Lumen Christi near the Bus Cage.
Saturday 8-4pm and Sunday 10-4pm
From 7th Grade Teachers: The annual Binder Park Zoo trip for 7th grade is coming up on May 22 and we are looking for chaperones. We need at least 11 parents to help out, so inquire with your student for the chaperone signup sheet or email Mr DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for helping out!
From the Junior Class:
- Juniors and parents we have one more work day – tomorrow, Saturday from 8 am – Noon. We are still need of more chaperones and valet parking help (volunteers do not have to be couples – and you do not have to be dressed up). Click on link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4bacac2ba0fa7-lcjunior
- Prom tickets are on sale at $25.00 per person or $45.00 per couple — a signed Dress Code Acknowledgement form must be turned in to purchase tickets. Tickets will be available in school until close of classes on Thursday (no tickets will be sold at the door).
- Parents and family members are invited to enjoy the Red Carpet festivities beginning at 8:30 pm next Friday, May 3rd. Parking will be available in front of the school or at the back of the student lot (rows closer to tennis courts) as we will have the back patio lot closed as well as the circle drive approaching the red carpet and will reserve the closer rows for the students’ valet parked cars or pre-prom dropped-off cars.
From Mrs. Manchester: We have just a few more days left in our Spring Raffle! ALL tickets must be turned in on Monday, April 29th.
As a reminder, the drawing will take place on Wednesday, May 1st at 2:45pm.
Although we have not met our goal, it is still within reach! Please keep selling tickets over the weekend.
The online link will be up and running through April 29th.
Reminder on our policy for Prom day (and all other days of school, as well): To complete in school-sponsored events such as practices, games, or extra-curriculars, students must be present for the entire school day or the previous school day (if the event occurs a day off of school). Exceptions are made for students with medical appointments who notify their coach or moderator in advance.
From the Band Room:
Congratulations to all of our Solo and Ensemble Festival participants!
Every event from Lumen Christi earned a medal for an outstanding performance:
8th Grade Solos: Sarah Hoop, Trinity Lopez, Kadence Hinkley, Paige Barton
7th Grade Solo: Emily Rogers
8th Grade Ensemble: Emma Smiley, Kadence Hinkley, Michaela Hauer
7th Grade Ensemble: Riley Okoniewski Madison Osterberg
Congratulations also go out to Michaela Hauer on her acceptance into MSBOA Middle School Honors Band!
From Mr. Olmos: Attention 8th-11th-grade boys. LC Boys Soccer Sign-ups are underway for the Fall 2019 season. Sign up if you are interested in room 143 Profe. Olmos’ Spanish room until May 3rd. Afterschool workouts will begin May 6th and summer practices will begin June 3rd. Call (517)-936-4095 or email email@example.com Coach Olmos for more information.
From Mrs. Miller: The Jackson Area art show will be up at the Jackson Crossing from Monday, April 22 until Sunday, May 5th. Artwork from students in Jackson will be on display throughout the mall. Look for our Lumen Christi display outside of the Secretary of State office (Sears wing) along with artwork from our other Jackson Catholic Schools.
From the Registrar:
Is your student on track for completing their Service Hours for the current year? Service Hours totals were reported on Quarter 3 report cards and are visible on your PowerSchool portal account through a web browser (not the mobile app). Students should be checking school announcements and student email for service opportunities. Seniors that do not meet the Service hours requirement for graduation are not eligible for Privilege Days.
From Yearbook: April 30th is the deadline to guarantee a yearbook order for 2018-2019. The cost is $65. Order online at yearbookforever.com, or pay by cash or check to Mr. Cole. Make checks payable to “Lumen Christi”. Contact Mr. Cole with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Mrs. Kristovic: On Tuesday, April 30, we will be offering an ACT Learning Event for students and parents at 5:30 p.m. in the library. This event will allow parents and students to look at growth over time, discuss how to interpret a student’s score, and present options for continued learning. This event is for 11th grade parents and students.
From the Cafeteria:
Senior Lunch Balances: All Senior student lunch accounts must be paid in full by Friday, May 10, 2019. Senior students who will be purchasing lunch the last couple of full days before exams may pay with a positively funded lunch account (that is, enough to cover the cost of the food they are purchasing) or, in cash. Senior students will not be allowed to go negative after May 10, 2019. The Cafeteria will coordinate with the Business Office regarding any remaining lunch account funds.
Checking Your Student’s Lunch Account Balance: Parents can choose to sign up to monitor their student(s) lunch account balances in the following way: Get on Lumen Christi’s Website. Click on the Student Life tab. Drop down to School Lunch. Scroll down past the photos and menu. There you will find several links of interest. Choose the link that says “Accessing Your Student’s Lunch Account” This will lead you to the sign in page. You will need to know your student’s Lunch ID number. For questions please contact Linda Leigh, Cafeteria Manager: (517)787-0630, ext. 243 or email@example.com.
From Mrs. Kristovic: We are currently looking for a High School English teacher and potentially a Physics teacher (due to shifting schedules of existing teachers) for the 2019-2020 school year. Please share the good news with great teachers looking to be a part of an amazing community. The link for the job postings is: https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a78858b5d6380fb015d7b9d61897d3c
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Scholarships have been earned, and we want to display them in the graduation booklet! Please submit a scan of the information you have received from the colleges so it can be displayed. Contact Mr. H with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Weeks in Sports:
Monday April 29
- Varsity Tennis away at Marshall, 4:30
- Varsity Baseball home V. Hanover Horton, 5:00 pm (one game)
- JV Baseball away at Hanover Horton, 5:00 (one game)
- Varsity girls soccer away at Harper Creek, 5:30
- MS Track home V. Northwest, 4:30
Tuesday April 30
- Varsity Softball away at Northwest, 4:00
- Varsity Baseball away at Northwest, 4:00
- JV Baseball home V. Northwest, 4:00
- Varsity Track away at Coldwater, 4:30
Wednesday May 1
- Varsity Boys Golf away at Coldwater I-8 meet, 3:30
- Varsity Girls Soccer away at Northwest, 6:30
Thursday May 2
- Varsity Softball away at Pennfield, 4:00
- MS Track home V. Marshall, 4:30
- MS Tennis away at Coldwater, 4:30
- Varsity girls tennis away at Coldwater, 4:30
- Varsity Baseball away at Chelsea, 5pm
- JV Baseball home V. Chelsea, 5pm
- Varsity Golf invitational at Holt, 8:20 am
Friday May 3
- Varsity Boys Golf away Western Invitational, 9:00 am
Saturday May 4
- JV baseball away at Napoleon, 10:00 am
- Varsity Track away at Leslie, 9:00 am
- Varsity Softball away at Grass Lake Invite, 9:00 am
- From Mrs. Kuhl:Shout out to our senior LINKS mentors who have been doing important work this year: Kate Fries, Melissa Orozco, Wayne Nelson, Molly O’Shea, Milena Applegate,and Mike Guinn. You make a difference to your students!
- From Mrs. Mijal: Shout out to the 8th graders for making the Retreat Day experience such a positive one!
- From Mrs. Mijal: Shout out to Emma Smiley for representing our school so wonderfully upon her acceptance of the Fr. Murray Award at the Knights of Columbus dinner last Thursday. Great speech, Emma! Congratulations!