This Week at LC 4.20.18
From Mrs. Kristovic: Lumen Christi is hiring exceptional educators for the 18-19 school year! We currently have openings in high school math and English. Please use the following link to access the postings: https://www.jcslumenchristi.org/employment-opportunities/. This year, we are piloting a referral program. If you recommend and connect a candidate via e-mail, teachers can earn a $500 referral bonus and parents can earn a $500 tuition credit. To be eligible, the candidate must be hired and work for at least one semester. Thank you for your help in finding the best possible educators for our classrooms!
From Mrs. Miller: Check out artwork from our 7th-12th grade artists featured at this year’s Jackson County Art Show at the Jackson Crossing. The Lumen Christi display will be by the Sears/Alpha Coney Island end of the mall. The display will run from Monday, April 23rd to Monday, May 7th. See all the awesome talent from our LC students!
From Mrs. Fleming: Please be sure your student has turned in all of the Service Hour forms they have earned so far this year. Service Hour totals are continuing to be updated in PowerSchool. You may view the totals at the top of the Graduation Progress screen, using a web browser (not the mobile app).
From the Business Office: A gentle reminder that all tuition for seniors must be paid in full before graduation to receive their diploma.
From the Cafeteria: Thank you to all the parents and families who have continuously made payments to your student’s lunch account balance!! For your information the following dates apply to SENIORS: May 10, 2018-May 15, 2018 only cash purchases will be allowed unless there is enough positive lunch balance to cover the cost of the meal. In coordination with the business office, remaining positive lunch balances may be used to pay other outstanding fees or will be transferred to a younger sibling if that applies. If there is not a sibling to transfer positive lunch account funds to and if all fees have been paid, then the family will be refunded.
From the Lost and Found Bin (living in the library): While we are getting to know each other, we really miss our owners! There are lots of winter coats, school uniforms, gym clothes, as well as textbooks, notebooks, and water bottles feeling very lonely in the bin. Mrs. Lienhart said that if our owners don’t come to claim us by next Friday we are going to go find new homes at St. Vincent de Paul.
From Mr. Williams: Lumen Christi is hiring Bus Drivers. CDL required ideal for retired grand parents. If interested please contact Joe Williams at Lumen Christi.
From LC Yearbook: Order your 2017-2018 yearbooks now before it is too late! Order online at https://yearbookforever.com/#. The price is $65. Checks and cash also accepted. Contact Mr. Cole at email@example.com with any questions.
From Mrs. Lefere: On Monday April 23rd (in celebration of Earth Day- Sunday April 22nd) the Environmental Club is sponsoring a speaker from the Jackson County Conservation District. They will be speaking during seminar in Room 157. ANY interested student is invited to attend to hear about interesting careers in environmental studies, invasive species that are threatening our Great Lakes and the monitoring of water quality (could the Flint water crisis happen in Jackson???). If they are interested in attending please see Mrs. Lefere for a pass.
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors: The Daniel J. Piotrowski Memorial Scholarship and the 2018 Faculty Scholarship have been emailed to the Senior myjacs.org accounts. Please complete these to the best of your ability. The Piotrowski Scholarship is due May 1st, and the Faculty Scholarship is due April 30th.
From Mr. Havlicek: Parents of Seniors: Thank you to the 31 seniors and families who have submitted some or most of their college award letters–thank you! All merit aid earned by your student is important to us, so please send copies or email photos of the award letters your student has earned to Mr. Havlicek as soon as you have them. All of this info in collaborated into the Graduation Booklet and we would like to have ALL the scholarships your student has earned included.
From Mrs. Manchester: Senior Parents: Make sure to check your email for information about our upcoming Senior Party! Click on this link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c49abaa28a5ff2-2018 for the Sign Up Genius.
Next Week in Sports
Monday – April 23rd
Lumen Christi host JV Golf Invite at Cascades at 9:30 AM
Tennis hosts Northwest at 4:30
Tuesday – April 24th
Varsity Baseball hosts Northwest at 4:00
Varsity Softball hosts Northwest at 4:00
Tennis hosts Hastings at 4:30 (makeup)
Track at Western at 4:30
JV Baseball at Northwest at 4:00
Golf at I – 8 Golf Jamboree at Hankerd Hills 3:30
Soccer at Harper Creek 6:00
Wednesday – April 25th
Thursday – April 26th
MS Track hosts Marshall at 4:30
MS Tennis at Marshall at 4:30
Tennis hosts Marshall at 4:30
Friday – April 27th
Soccer hosts Northwest at 5:00
JV Baseball hosts Harper Creek
Varsity Baseball at Harper Creek at 4:00
Varsity Softball at Harper Creek 4:00
Tennis is at Kalamazoo Quad at Portage Central courts at 9 AM
Track at Western Invite at 2:30
Saturday – April 28th
Varsity Baseball hosts Kalamazoo Central at 11 AM
JV Baseball at Kalamazoo Centrlal at 11 AM
Boys Golf at Bedford Valley Open at 9 AM
Softball at Britton-Deerfield Invite TBD
- From Mrs. Manchester: Shoutout to the 3 top selling students who have already sold 50 books of tickets and are out of uniform the rest of the year! Hillary Ziemba, Emma Stanton, and Anna Manchester! Shoutout to Bree Greene and Katie Fitzgibbons who are working hard to get the 8th grade out of uniform all week next week! Shoutout to Sam Mizner for helping make an awesome Spring Raffle promotional video.
- From Mrs. Lienhart: Shout out to all the grade 9 – 12 students that have completed their reading requirements for this year! Remember, book tests must be completed each year to advance to the next grade. Happy reading!
- From Sarah Wilhelm: Thank you to all those who donated crutches, braces, walking boots, you name it. You helped to make it a success and in turn have helped future Titans to get the best treatment. I truly appreciate your help and thoughtfulness.
- From Mrs. Gauthier – Congratulations to our newly published 7th grade poets. These stupendous students swept all four categories in the Jackson District Library Poetry Contest for Jackson County. Ellie Vannest , 1st place; Nathan Padbury, 2nd; Morgan Marshall, 3rd and Maggie Page, Honorable Mention. They now hold a memorable place in the archives of the library volumes of published poets. ***Also, stop by school to see the display of all the other wonderful poems produced from our talented 7th grader.
- From Mrs. Kuhl: Shout out to Arshnoor Ghare and Ben Pelletier for their leadership with the Interfaith Shelter Project!