This Week at LC 3.18.19
From the Main Office! Mark your calendars!
Monday, March 18 – No School for Students
Wednesday, March 20 – Registration Night for Rising 7th and 8th (Current 6th and 7th), 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
From The Main Office:
2019 – 2020 Current Grade 7 Course Selection and Registration
Today, March 15, current Grade 7 students received their personalized 2019-2020 Course Selection Form. Please review it carefully with your student. Please note! Attached to the Scheduling Form is an invitation! Parents are invited to attend the Academic Advising/Priority Course Registration Workshop on Wednesday, March 20, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm., in the Library. Students are invited to accompany their parents. This is a great opportunity for you to have one-on-one academic advising with faculty and select courses. We hope you will come! Very importantly – before you attend — FACTS Enrollment is required and a prerequisite for Workshop attendance. If you are unable to attend the Workshop, please complete the Course Selection Form, sign, and have your child return it to their 7th Grade P1 teacher by Friday, March 22.
From Molly McClure, Enrollment Coordinator: Planning for the future is hard when you’re still paying for the past! Listen—there’s a better way! Join the Financial Peace University group, and we’ll learn how to beat debt and make a plan for the future . . . together! Interested? Join us at the Lumen Christi library starting March 26th at 6pm.
Feel free to message me your questions or sign up now.
The first session is FREE if you are curious.
Price is discounted for the group at $109 which breaks down to $12.11 a class!
Visit https://fpu.com/1087715 to sign up!
From the Junior Class: We are heading full steam ahead with our prom planning and looking for your help. We will need both parents and students to help fabricate and paint our major decoration pieces on a couple of Saturdays in April. We also will be looking for assistance the night before and the morning of as we assembly and transform our cafetorium into another world. Below is a link to a Sign-up Genius that will give you and your junior the opportunity to join in the fun and make memories that will last a lifetime.. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 787-0630 ext. 256 or via email at email@example.com
From Mrs. Fleming: AP Exam Registration
Registration for Advanced Placement exams is in progress. Students may earn credits from their college based on their AP Exam scores. All students taking AP courses are highly encouraged to take the AP Exam. The exams are in May and there is a $94 fee for each exam taken. Students should register by March 15th. Students register with their AP teacher or World Language teacher. Checks made out to Lumen Christi should be taken to the LC Main Office.
The registration deadline is next week, March 22nd!
From Mr. Cooper: Reminder to all 8th grade students and their parents, the Michigan History Project and notes are due on or before March 29. If you are planning to leave early for Spring Break you need to turn it in before you leave.
From Mr. Marcero: Please support the arts by attending our Dueling Pianos Fundraiser, “Music Under the Lights,” on March 23rd from 6-11 pm. Tickets are $100 per plate and includes a buffet dinner by Gene Davis with chicken, beef, potatoes, pasta salad, house salad, appetizers, and desserts. Cocktail hour starts at 6 pm, dinner at 7 pm, and dueling piano entertainment from 8-10 pm. All reservations must be prepaid, through Elena Beasley and the main office. Email Elena at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 517-740-4932. Reservations must be placed and paid for by March 15th. The event was a rousing success for last year’s Carnegie trip, and we hope you can join us to help us raise funds for a new lighting system for all of our masses, concerts, and theatre productions!
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Scholarships have been earned, and we want to display them in the graduation booklet! Please submit a scan of the information you have received from the colleges so it can be displayed. Contact Mr. H with any questions: email@example.com
Next Weeks in Sports:
Saturday March 16th
- Girls Varsity Soccer Scrimmage away @ SAU, 11 a.m.
Wednesday March 20th
- Girls Varsity Soccer Scrimmage home V. Jonesville, 5 p.m.
Saturday March 24th
- Girls Varsity Soccer away @ Huskie Invitational, 10 a.m.
- From Mrs. Manchester: Thank you to the amazing 7th and 8th grade students who helped with our 6th great visit today. Truly warm and welcoming!
- From Mrs. Fleming: Special thanks to our National Honor Society students that serve our Lumen community by tutoring after and before school, and congratulations to our new NHS inductees.
- From the Drama Department: Congratulations to the entire cast, pit orchestra, and crew for a phenomenal performance last weekend on our spring musical: OKLAHOMA! A big thank you to every parent that had a student involved, and to those that jumped in with both feet to help from painting, building, feeding us, typing, selling tickets, concessions, or flowers to making sure we all got enough sleep and love and support during the very short 8 weeks we spent getting ready. To the administration, faculty and staff for their support and encouragement throughout those too many snow/cold days and then the flu. Thank you also to the production staff that give so generously of their time and talents: Ms. Sandy DiCesare our director, Mr. Justin Marcero our music director, Ms. Elena Beasly our accompanist, Mrs. Peggy Hill our costumer, Mr. Pat Haynes our technical director and set builder, and especially Miss Cynthia Ortega our stage manager who attends every rehearsal, calls the show, works at being a great student, and holds down a job! Watch for our next project, the 7th & 8th Grade Play. We will be making announcements very soon regarding auditions and show dates. Any of our LCCS middle school students are invited to come and join the fun!