This Week at LC 11.19.18
From Mrs. Kristovic: Happy Thanksgiving! Due to the holiday next week, we will not send out a parent/student newsletter. Enjoy your turkey!
From the Main Office: Wednesday, November 21 is a half day of school. Enjoy your holiday!
From the Deans: As we transition to winter weather, please ensure your student is prepared to meet the following uniform expectations:
- Young ladies (9-12) may not roll their skirts. Skirts must be of an appropriate length (please check this, as we are at a time of year when many young ladies have had growth spurts!).
- If wearing a skirt, young ladies must have on solid gray, white, or black tights, knee socks, or leggings. Knee socks must go all the way to the knee and remain there for the entire day. Leggings and tights may not have any patterns or words and must be all one color.
- For warm extra layers, students may wear a solid, long-sleeved gray, white, or black shirt underneath their uniform polo. No other colors are allowed.
- For warm extra layers, students may wear the Lumen Christi Chi Rho Quarter Zip, purchased from Educational Outfitters or from our fan shop. No other outerwear is permitted. Students may only wear athletic gear (jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) when pre-approved by their coach, and then ONLY on game days.
- Students must wear an ID at all times.
- Young men must wear a belt and have their shirts tucked in.
Students who are not able to be in uniform may not be in class, so it is very important that they are responsible for these expectations every day.
From Mr. Havlicek: All: Once again, Lumen Christi will be partnering with Sylvan Learning to provide all students with the opportunity to get a practice test in for the ACT standardized test coming up this spring. The workshop will be held January 12th and is open to all students grades 7-11. Students in grade 12 that are in need of a repeat test can certainly join if necessary. Pre-registration is certainly encouraged. The workshop is a great way to receive additional practice for each of the students, and even create a level of comfort with the timing and material that will be on an actual test. Please consider attending and helping your student to get some beneficial guidance to help with future college planning.
From the Drama Department: Looking for a great way to kick off your Christmas season? Come join the fun with our drama department show “Christmas in Two Acts”. Friday, November 30th & Saturday, December 1st at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, December 2nd at 3 p.m.
From Mrs. Fleming: Spring Arbor University is accepting applications for dual enrollment courses for the Spring semester (Jan. 30 – May 17). The application deadline is Jan. 15th. A suggested list of courses for dual enrolling students is available from Mr. Havlicek or Ms. Fleming. Juniors and Seniors considering dual enrollment should begin planning their college course selections for next semester.
From Sarah Wilhelm, the Athletic Trainer: The winter sports season will quickly be upon us. Make sure your student athletes have a current sports physical for this school year so they don’t miss out on participating. If you have questions on if one is on file, email me at email@example.com.
Next Weeks in Sports:
- Saturday, November 17:
- High School football has their semi final game vs. Hill-McCloy at 1:00 p.m. at Novi.
- Gymnastics competes in the Judges Cup Away. Start time is TBA.
- Monday, November 19:
- 7th grade boys basketball plays home against Western (Parma) at 4:30 p.m.
- 8th grade boys basketball plays Away against Western (Parma) at 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20:
- High school girls basketball (JV and V) play a scrimmage at Leslie at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 26:
- 7th grade boys basketball plays away against Harper Creek at 4:30 p.m.
- 8th grade boys basketball plays home against Harper Creek at 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 28:
- 7th grade boys basketball plays away against Marshall at 4:30 p.m.
- 8th grade boys basketball plays home against Marshall at 4:30 p.m.
- Boys’ Hockey plays Flint Powers away at 6:00 p.m.
- From Mrs. Burdick: Shoutout to 7th graders Maddison Arcaro, Marilu Guadarrama, and Andrea Orozco for their generous help and ingenuity.
- From Mrs. Burdick: Shoutout to this year’s Mathletes: Jenna Barks, Anthony DeBiasi, Kate Ganton, Blake Hetherington, Gabe King, Anna McClure, Gabby Osterberg, Madison Osterberg, and Aiden Pastoriza. They will use their incredible math skills to represent Lumen Christi in the regional Math Counts competition in February. Way to go students!