This Week at LC 10.5.18
From the Main Office: Please find the Quarterly Assessment schedule for the end of quarter 2 below.
Monday, October 15 ELA and Social Studies
Tuesday, October 16 Science and Electives
Wednesday,October 17 Foreign Language and Math
Thursday, October 18 Religion
Friday,October 19 No School for Students – End of Quarter and Grades Day
From the Deans: Congratulations to Squad 2, which one our latest squad competition this Friday, Squad’s Got Talent! Squad 2 includes the home bases of Mr. Etters, Mrs. Nowinski, Mr. Powers, Mr. Richmond, and Ms. Wagner. Students in those home bases only may dress down on Friday, October 12 for their achievement! No sleeveless tops or leggings. Students may wear track pants or sweatpants. Congratulations!
From Mrs. Kristovic: Thank you to those who contributed to the continuation of Titan Time last week! You contributed $750 towards our monthly goal of $1000 to help support this program! We will check back in next month and hope you continue to find use in this free service!
From Cafeteria: Last year’s free and reduced applications have expired today. All families who have not submitted a new application will have their student’s meals converted to full pay status, effective Monday, October 8, 2018. Please submit a new application to LunchApp.com.
From Advancement:Attention Parents: Our Lumen Christi Annual Dinner & Auction raises between $85,000-$100,000 each year for our school. To continue this success, every family is asked for a donation of their time or an item that can be sold in the Silent Auction.
Thank you to all of those who have already helped or made a commitment to help.
Listed below are three links:
The first link is to Sign Up Genius if you choose to donate your time.
The second is a link to our Amazon Wish List, which you can easily click to order online and have the item shipped directly to the school (remember to use TRIP and Amazon Smile!)
The third is an email link to respond to this message with details of what you have already donated or plan to donate. (donated items must be new or handmade) and can be dropped off anytime during school hours to the Advancement Office.
Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4cafab2eaaf49-2018
Amazon Wish List: http://a.co/e3Zpmih
From Advancement: Fall Cleaning this weekend?? Our Dinner & Auction which takes place on Friday, November 16th is in need of DONATIONS. We are accepting new and handmade items for our Silent Auction and also small pieces of furniture and Christmas decor! Our FINAL drop off of the season will take place on Friday, October 12th from 10am-2pm–stop in anytime with your items. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
From the Main Office: Attention Parents of College Bound students! You do not want to miss out on this College Planning Class presented by PARROS College Planning to be held in the Library on Tuesday, October 9 from 6:30 – 7:45 p.m. The information will be invaluable and will help your student to choose the BEST colleges, while meeting your personal pocketbook. The guest speaker will be Certified College Planning Specialist Timothy C. Parros. In this informal class Tim will discuss this, and more:
- How to help students decide which college to make application to attend.
- Review important questions to ask colleges before students apply.
- Ways to begin, starting as early as middle school, to position your student
to receive scholarships, grants and other forms of ‘gift-aid’.
- Opportunities for families with low and high incomes can receive financial assistance to
help pay for college.
- All the possibilities to attend a PRIVATE COLLEGE at Public College cost.
- The timeline for success, and what to do now to prepare your student for
college, beginning as early as middle school.
You do not want to miss out! Please call (888) 668-7773 to reserve your seat or visit www.parroscollegeplanning.com
From Mrs. Fleming, Testing Coordinator:The Pre SAT, National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be administered to all juniors on Wednesday, October 10th. It is important for all juniors to be in school and on time that morning. This test is especially important because, for many of our juniors, it is the only chance they will have to take a timed, paper test similar to the ACT prior to their formal testing date in February. This is a great opportunity for them to practice their skills and identify areas for improvement. It also enters students in the National Merit Scholarship program. Students need to bring their $16 to the Main office by Wednesday, October 10. Please make your check out to Lumen Christi.
On Friday, October 12th, Sophomores will receive their results form the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. Students will learn about the Career Exploration Program and corresponding online resources from our ASVAB representative during sophomore Theology classes.
From the Yearbook: Senior Photos are due November 16. Please e-mail or have your photographer e-mail your photo as a jpeg attachment to Mr. Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Head and shoulder shots only
- No hands in the photos
- Background should be in plain color
- No outdoor shots
- Vertical shots only
- Hair should be off the collar, ears, and out of the eye
- No hats
- Dress shirt with tie
- Suit coats, if available
- No extreme hairstyles
- Only ears may be pierced
- No plunging necklines
- Tops must have sleeves
From the Main Office: We are always looking for substitute teachers! If you have an interest in subbing at the school, please email Kit Spoelstra at email@example.com — We would love to talk to you about the opportunity that is on occasion, sometimes last minute, but filled with the gratification that you are helping us keep our students engaged in learning, when teachers are away from the classroom.
From Mrs. Leigh: We are looking for help! We need 2 parent volunteers each day of the week Monday – Friday to help us serve lunch to our amazing students. The times are approximately 11:20 – 12:20 M, W, Th, F, and 12:00 – 1:00 Tuesday. Please e-mail Linda Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
Next Week in Sports:
- MS Volleyball @ Western – 4:30pm
- MS/HS Cross Country Home I-8 Meet @ Sharp Park – 4pm
- Boys Soccer @ I-8 Tournament @ Harper Creek – 5pm
- Boys Tennis @ Chelsea – 4:30pm
- Girls Golf @ East Lansing – 10 am (Will miss the entire Day)
- 7th Grade Football home vs. Pennfield – 4:30pm
- 8th Grade Football home vs. Pennfield – 6:15pm
- JV/ Varsity Volleyball home vs. Coldwater 5:15/6:30pm
- JV Football home vs. Pennfield – 6:30pm
- MS Volleyball home vs. Northwest – 4:30pm
- Girls Swim @ Dexter – 6pm
- Boys Soccer @ I-8 Tournament @ 5pm
- Boys Tennis Regional Championships @ Ann Arbor Greenhills – 8:30 am (Will miss the entire Day)
- Girls Golf Regional Championships @ Grass Lake Golf Club – 8 am (Will miss the entire Day)
- Varsity Football @ Pennfield – 7pm
- Girls Swim @ MISCA Meet – Contact Jackson HS
- JV volleyball @ Bath invite – 9 am
- Varsity volleyball @ Homer invite – 8am
- MS/HS Cross Country @ All Area Jensen Run – 9am
- Girls Swim @ MISCA Meet – Contact Jackson HS
- From Advancement: Shoutout to Madison Arcaroand friends from Titan Times for their willingness to help with Auction invitation stuffing on Thursday!
- From Drama: Shout Out: To all the students that auditioned for our fall/winter play. We are very excited to announce the cast of “Christmas in Two Acts”! (See the entire list on the Lumen Christi Drama Facebook page.)