This Week at LC 10.1.18
From Mrs. Kristovic: Titan Time has kicked off the year with huge success! We are averaging about 50 students a day taking advantage of this free opportunity. Monday – Friday, from 3:15 – 5:15, we offer free supervision, fun, and tutoring in the library. Students can drop in at any time. This program costs us about $10,000 per year, but we believe it is critical for our students to have a safe space after school and to support the often complicated schedules of our families. If you use Titan Time regularly or just think it is an essential asset for our school community, please consider a small gift to support Titan Time. We are hoping to collect $1,000 per month with voluntary donations to ensure this program continues. Use this link here to make a contribution and thank you for your support: https://connectnowgiving.parishsoft.com/f/f2?formid=2ef44d1e-f49c-48c0-b867-0baaa2a2a995
From Registrar: Parents and Students please continue to check your PowerSchool for grades and assignment information and email regularly for announcements, and important information.
From Mrs. Fleming, Testing Coordinator: The Pre SAT, National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be administered to all juniors on Wednesday, October 10th. This test is especially important because, for many of our juniors, it is the only chance they will have to take a timed, paper test similar to the ACT prior to their formal testing date in February. This is a great opportunity for them to practice their skills and identify areas for improvement. It also enters students in the National Merit Scholarship program. It is important for all juniors to be in school and on time that morning. Students need to bring their $16 to the Main office by Wednesday, October 10. Please make your check out to Lumen Christi.
From the Drama Department: It’s that time again! Time for what? The Fall Play! Auditions for “Christmas in Two Acts” will be held on Tuesday, October 2nd at 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., Call Backs will be on Wednesday, October 3rd at 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. for any student in grades 9 – 12. There are parts available for all levels of theatre experience. Come and join the fun! Pick up an audition form in the library, if you have any questions check with Mrs. L in the library.
From the Yearbook: Senior Photos are due November 16. Please e-mail or have your photographer e-mail your photo as a jpeg attachment to Mr. Cole at email@example.com.
- Head and shoulder shots only
- No hands in the photos
- Background should be in plain color
- No outdoor shots
- Vertical shots only
- Hair should be off the collar, ears, and out of the eye
- No hats
- Dress shirt with tie
- Suit coats, if available
- No extreme hairstyles
- Only ears may be pierced
- No plunging necklines
- Tops must have sleeves
From the Main Office: Each Tuesday, with the exception of Holy Days of Obligation, we celebrate Mass in the cafeteria with all grades attending. Mass begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 10:25 a.m. If your student has an appointment during this time frame on a Mass day, please call us or have your student bring a note from you to the Main Office before the school day begins. We will have your student wait in the Main Office for the appointment time instead of attending Mass. If at all possible, we request that you avoid this time for appointments so that we can celebrate Mass as an entire community. Thank you for your consideration!
From the Main Office: We are always looking for substitute teachers! If you have an interest in subbing at the school, please email Kit Spoelstra at firstname.lastname@example.org — We would love to talk to you about the opportunity that is on occasion, sometimes last minute, but filled with the gratification that you are helping us keep our students engaged in learning, when teachers are away from the classroom.
From Mrs. Leigh: We are looking for help! We need 2 parent volunteers each day of the week Monday – Friday to help us serve lunch to our amazing students. The times are approximately 11:20 – 12:20 M, W, Th, F, and 12:00 – 1:00 Tuesday. Please e-mail Linda Leigh at email@example.com if you can help!
Next Week in Sports:
- Boys Tennis home vs. Western – 4:30 pm (Possible Conference Championship Match)
- Girls Golf @ East Lansing – 10 am (Will Miss School Day)
- Boys Soccer home vs. Western 5pm (Parent Night)
- MS Volleyball home vs. Hastings – 4:30pm
- 7th Grade Football home vs. Western 4:30pm
- 8th Grade Football home vs. Western 6:15pm
- Boys Soccer @ Ella Sharp vs. Michigan Center – 5:30pm
- Boys Tennis Home vs Jackson – 4:30pm
- MS Cross Country @ Grand Woods Park – 4:30pm (Early Dismissal at 2:30 pm)
- JV/Varsity Volleyball @ Marshall – 5:15/6:30pm
- JV Football @ Harper Creek – 6:30pm
- Girls Swim @ Pioneer – 6pm
- MS Volleyball @ Harper Creek – 4:30pm
- Varsity Football home vs. Harper Creek 7pm (Parent Night)
- Boys Tennis @ I-8 Tournament – 8 am (Will miss the entire day)
- HS & MS Cross Country @ Portage Invite 8am/10:15am
- Varsity Volleyball @ Concord Invite – 8am
- From Mrs. Mijal: Shout out to the eighth grade student council for helping to plan, organize and carry out the middle school fun night. Great job students!
- From Mrs. Fleming: Shout out to our Jackson Catholic elementary students that are here in the morning to transfer buses, they are warm and welcoming to each other and always well show exemplary behavior.
- From Mrs. Hovious: Shoutout to Sunshine Squad for spreading kindness and hanging bible verses on every student locker during homecoming week! Great teamwork, ladies!
- From Mrs. Burdick: To Britton Hampton, Marilu Guadarrama, and Jason Sierakowski for help with hanging the 7-8 team hallway banners. Way to show school spirit, good teamwork, and to achieve excellence in all work!