This Week at LC 1.21.19
From the Deans: Two groups of students have earned a dress down day for Friday, January 25!
Today’s high school squad competition for grades 9 – 12 was a Jeopardy trivia. After a tie at the end, Joe Barrett correctly answered a winner-takes-all final question (on his birthday!) for his squad, Squad 4. Based on this victory, Squad 4 will be dressed down on Friday, January 25.
Before Christmas break, the middle school students had an ugly sweater competition. Mr. Cooper’s homeroom (first hour) had the best ugly sweater, and so that class wins a dress down day on Friday, January 25, as well.
Dress down guidelines: Students may wear jeans, khakis, sweats, or track pants. No leggings. Tops must have appropriate necklines. No midriffs, bare shoulders, or cleavage. Enjoy your reward!
From the Main Office:
Days Ahead! Mark your Calendar – No School!
On Monday, April 8, the Diocese Lumen Christi faculty will be attending Diocesan professional development. Please mark your calendar – No school Monday, April 8 — effectively giving you an extra day off for Spring break!
In tradition, Bishop Boyea each year grants a day off to the students and staff. This year, Bishop Earl Boyea has named Monday, April 22 as a day of no school for you to enjoy an extra day in celebration of Easter Sunday. Please mark your calendar – No school Monday, April 22.
Finally, just a reminder that our students and faculty will honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a day off of school this Monday, January 21.
From Advancement: For any current seniors who plan to continue to play a sport in college, we will celebrating National Signing Day with you and your student athletes on Wednesday, February 6th at noon in the library. Look for detailed information to follow from Mrs. Manchester.
From the Enrollment Office: It’s a great day to be a Titan! Welcome to the 6 new students who transferred to Lumen Christi this week. We are so happy you are here. If you have friends or family interested in learning more about how to become a Titan, please contact Brook Manchester at 517-787-5080 or email@example.com.
From Mr. Havlicek: Seniors and Parents: Please send any Scholarships earned to Mr. H ASAP so they can be recorded and placed in the Graduation booklet at the end of the school year. We want to be able to celebrate the accomplishments of all who have been able to receive recognition, and please send ALL scholarships earned, not just the ones for the school you are attending next Fall.
From Student Council: We are looking for some parent volunteers to help with our teacher/staff appreciation lunch on Thursday, Jan 31st during Catholic Schools Week. If you are interested, click on the sign up link below. Any questions? Email Mrs. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Mrs. Miller: The Winter Art Show is now on display! All students 7-12 who were in an art class first semester have an artwork on display. The show is conveniently set up outside of our main office. Come by during school hours to see the amazing talent of our LC students. The show will run from Jan 14th until Feb 1st so check it out!
From President Elaine Crosby: We need your help supporting Jackson Catholic Schools! If you have not yet bought your Great 50/50 raffle ticket, please access the link here to support our students and have a chance to win for the rest of the year!https://connectnowgiving.parishsoft.com/f/f2?formid=79e1705a-46fb-4870-832b-549c55b9493f
Please also share this with grandparents and family! We know they want to support Catholic education, too!
From the Theology Department: Register now for The MAN Event, the 2019 Diocese of Lansing’s Men Conference. The “dynamic deacon”, deacon Harold Burke-Sivers is the featured speaker as he shares men how to “Put on the armor of God” in today’s world. Feed your soul with Adoration, Confession, Mass with Bishop Boyea; feed your belly with a magnificent pig roast. Saturday, February 23 from 10a until 5p at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Michigan Center. For mor info and to register: www.themanevent.org
From the Junior Class: It won’t be long before it is Friday, May 3rd – the Junior/Senior Prom! It is a night to make memories that will last a lifetime. Many factors go into making it a night to remember, one of these is the “perfect dress”. Before you go shopping we wanted to remind you of the Lumen Christi Catholic School Prom Dress Code. (Please be aware that the dress code applies to all Lumen students and their guests—any students and/or guests that are not properly attired will not be allowed entry.) Below is attached a flier that will help with your planning and shopping.
From the Main Office: Enrollment is now open for the 2019 – 2020 school year. ALL Families attending Jackson Catholic Schools must enroll online. Each family is required to pay a yearly Family Enrollment Fee 0f $55.
To ENROLL your family, visit. www.jcslumenchristi.org and look for the Quick Links, located at the top of the home page. Click on FACTS Enrollment and you will be connected to FACTS to complete the enrollment AND important forms for your student. You will also pay your enrollment fee here and choose your tuition payment preference. To apply for Tuition Assistance – please complete the FACTS Enrollment and then to Quick Links and complete the Tuition Assistance Application. For tuition assistance consideration, application must meet the deadline of March 1, 2019 for both school and Diocesan assistance.
Next Weeks in Sports:
Mon Jan 21
- Girls JV Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 5:30
- Girls Var Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 7:00
Tues Jan 22
- Varsity Bowling @ Coldwater, 3:30
- 7th grade girls basketball home V. Hastings, 4:30
- 8th grade girls basketball @ Hastings, 4:30
- Boys JV Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 5:30
- Boys Var Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 7:00
Wed Jan 23
- Varsity Bowling @ Pennfield 3:30
- Varsity Competitive Cheer @ Harper Creek Jamoboree, 5:15
- Varsity Wrestling @ Pennfield 5:30 (Will Wrestle Marshall and Northwest)
- Varsity Hockey away @ Holt, 6:00
Thur Jan 24
- Varsity Bowling V. Hastings, 3:30
- 7th grade girls V. Marshall, 4:30
- 8th grade girls @ Marshall, 4:30
- Boys swimming at AA Pioneer, 6:00
- Boys JV Basketball @ Pennfield, 7:00
Fri Jan 25
- Girls JV Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 4:30
- Girls Var Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 6:00
- Boys Var Basketball V. Hanover Horton, 7:30
Sat Jan 26
- Varsity Wrestling at Portage Central Invite, 9:00
- Varsity Competitive Cheer @ Western Invite, 10:00
- MS Competitive Cheer @ Western Invite 10:00
- Varsity Hockey @ Jackson United, 5:30
- Girls JV Basketball @ East Jackson, 5:30
- Girls Var Basketball @ East Jackson, 7:00
- From Mrs. Nowinski: Congratulations to the Lumen Christi Marching Band for their performance in Walt Disney World! Please continue to pray for our students and faculty who are representing Lumen Christi at the March for Life.
- From Sarah Wilhelm:Thank you to Paige Cram, Allie Sweeney, and Ally Denman who helped get coolers ready and out for the basketball games Tuesday.