LC Advantage Launches in Fall 2019!
Lumen Christi is excited to be piloting a new internship program for seniors in the class of 2020 called LC Advantage. LC Advantage’s first class will participate in the fall of 2019.
Through this program, we hope to build upon the many strengths of the Lumen Christi community and the Jackson community. We know our students are incredible; everywhere they go, citizens are astounded by their strong work ethic, responsibility, attention to doing the small things right, and commitment. We know that Jackson County is founded upon entrepreneurs, and that the many small businesses in the area are successful because of their innovative, adaptive spirit. Finally, we know that our excellent students become excellent alumni, and are leaders in their community, both locally and nationally.
LC Advantage, an 18-week internship program, will highlight and leverage these strengths to gain our students a tangible, meaningful advantage over other graduating high school seniors. A committee of Lumen Christi supporters, chaired by Larry Schultz of Great Lakes Industries and Nick Arcaro of Miller Tool and Die, and including Mike Robbins of Rehmann Financial, Mrs. Nancy Lefere (faculty), and Tim Lefere (Class of 2020), worked over several months to vision and plan for this program. Features include:
- Students will attend internship for 18 weeks in semester 1.
- Internship runs Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- On Friday, students participate in a dual enrollment class to support their in the field learning. All students in the program are automatically accepted into this class.
- Students and partners participate in a match process in May to assign students to partners.
- Partners pay $1000 of the student’s tuition, as a donation in recognition of their hard work.
- Students may be offered evening, weekend, or summer work following the conclusion of the internship.
- Internships will be offered in fields of manufacturing, business, retail, finance, medical, IT, and engineering.
We hope families will consider giving their students an exceptional advantage for their college and career pathway through this program.
To learn more, families are invited to an information night on Wednesday, February 13 from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in the library. Please also find some learning documents attached to further explain the program.
Thank you for choosing us to love, support, and challenge your children.
In the Light of Christ,