Living Faith| Achieve Excellence| Develop Character| Be Warm and Welcoming| Promote Teamwork
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Spring break is around the corner and our students and families are ready! Time to step back, reflect, and rest is so important. As we approach spring break, please join us in praying for five days of meaningful reflection and rest for our students: that they are all able to spend time with God, with family, with nature, and with a good book the first week of April!
Please note that we will be busy working and moving forward with curriculum and important learning through Friday!
In the Light of Christ,
From Mrs. Kristovic: We know we have AMAZING faculty at Lumen Christi, who each and every day do the hard work of changing students’ lives. Please honor an exceptional current staff member by nominating them for the Top Teacher in Jackson honor from Jackson Magazine. Find the link here: http://www.jacksonmagazine.
From the Library: Parents: please note the new book test policy beginning this year, per the Parent – Student Handbook, pg. 23 “if the requirements are not met, the student will be required to come in during summer book test days…Students will not be admitted into their next grade level until their reading requirement is completed from the previous year.” Summer book test days to be announced at a later date.
From the Library: Did you know? We recycle printer cartridges in the Library as one of our major fundraisers to purchase books for the Library. Please consider donating your used cartridges to us! Thank you.
From Student Council: Our annual Oscars are right around the corner (date, time, and location soon announced!!) but it is time to gather nominations. High School students, please click on the link below to fill out your nominations. In order to submit you will need to sign into your Google (myjacs) account. You do not need to fill out form entirely to submit and nominations must be a high school student. Deadline for submission is Friday, March 31st.
From the Business Office: All families must complete their FACTS enrollment to complete the course registration process. The cost is $55 and the link is: https://online.factsmgt.com/
From National Honor Society: National Honors Society induction Mass and ceremony will be on Monday, March 27 at 7:00 p.m. ALL NHS inductees, members, and families are invited to attend. Induction is a dress up occasion. Girls should wear dresses or dress pants with conservative shirts or blouses. Strapless dresses or spaghetti straps are not allowed unless worn with a sweater. Dresses must be of a reasonable length. Gentlemen should wear dress shirts, dress pants and ties. Please arrive by 6:30 P.M. Sophomores should report to room 130 and juniors should report to room 140.
From Mrs. Slough: Mrs. Slough and the Builders Club would like to thank the 7th and 8th graders for their generosity during our recent food drive. 700 items were collected and donated to the Jackson Community Food Pantry! Mrs. Gauthier’s homeroom has won the dress down day (date to be announced) for bringing in the most items, and Mrs. Slough’s homeroom has won doughnuts as the winners of the Canstruction contest with their design “Peace, Love, and Jesus”. Good job and thank you to all!
From Mr. Reis:
Saturday – March 25th
Varsity Soccer at Portage Tournament – All games will be played at Vicksburg High School – Lumen Christi will play in the first round at 9 AM
- From Mr. Neville: Shout to The Boys Basketball Mom’s for their Organization of the Deserts and Senior Gifts at the Awards!
- From Mr. DeWitt: Shout out to Jacob Nichols for being the only 100% on the Q.3 Exam in 7th Grade Science. Honorable Mentions to Daniela Orozco, Travis Frederick, Audrey Hendrickson, Karl Hunt, Alex Soltis, Alexa Warner, Rylan Brady, Cole Alexander, and Dylan Marshallsay for all getting A’s as well. Finish the year strong 7th graders!
- From Sarah Wilhelm: Big thanks to all the students who have helped me with water setup in the gym area all week.
- From Mr. Anderson: Shout out to my Junior third hour theology class this week, especially Christine Stevens, Geraldine Berkemeier, Jillian Wetzel and Brogan Sullivan for some amazing and engaging conversations this week. The whole class has had incredibly insightful questions and the discussion have been great!
- From Ms. Michelle, Cafeteria: I want to shout out to Logan Page! He helped me get information from a student that had walked away before I could see what he was purchasing. He Said “I got it, what do you need?” And went to the other student to help me when I couldn’t walk away.
March 17, 2017
March 10, 2017
March 3, 2017
February 24, 2017
February 17, 2017
February 10, 2017
February 3, 2017
January 27, 2017
January 20, 2017
January 13, 2017
January 6, 2017
December 16, 2016
December 9, 2016
December 2, 2016
November 22, 2016
November 18, 2016
November 11, 2016
November 4, 2016
October 28, 2016
October 21, 2016
October 14, 2016
October 7, 2016
September 30, 2016
September 23, 2016